I made sure to set my DVR to record Sarah’s Holiday Party on HGTV. I’ve always loved Sarah Richardson and everything she does….her holiday special did not disappoint. I am going to try making her Pecan Puff recipe this weekend. Looks so tasty!! Now if only Sarah and Tommy could come over and bake with me.
Sarah’s Pecan Puffs
The infamous Pecan Puff Recipe!
2 sticks butter
2 tsp. vanilla
4 Tbsp. brown sugar (I like Demerara)
2 Cups pecans
2 Cups cake flour, sifted
icing sugar for dusting
1. Add pecans to food processor. Puree until well ground and fine, almost to the consistency of pecan butter.
2. Add butter and brown sugar to food processor and mix until mixture appears frothy.
3. Add vanilla and mix again.
4. Add flour a little at a time, pulsing food processor between additions. Resulting mixture should appear as a thick paste.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes until firm, then scoop out small amounts of dough and roll into balls.
6. Place balls on a non-stick baking sheet (they can be close together as the dough does not expand much when cooking).
7. Bake at 300 degrees for about 35 – 45 minutes, depending on the size of balls. Remove from oven when slightly golden on the outside.
8. Transfer carefully to a cooling rack while still warm (best to use your fingers so you don’t crush the cookies with a spatula), then use a flour sifter to dust icing sugar over the top of the cookies while warm. Allow to cool completely, and dust again.
9. Enjoy!…But be warned they are addictive and may stick to the roof of your mouth like peanut butter!
Note: I often double this recipe to be sure I have enough – it’s no more work to make extras.