There are a few beauty products that I’ve been loving lately:
1. Twirl by Kate Spade: I’m a huge Kate Spade fan, so it seems fitting that I would wear the fragrance. I wear it because it smells really great and the bottle is covered in polka dots. JB gave me a bottle for Christmas and I’m hooked.
2. Eos Lip Balm: The package alone is fun and different from anything I’ve seen in the lip balm world. Not only does it smell amazing…sort of like passion fruit, but it keeps my lips moist and happy during winter. It’s also really fun to put on.
3. Fresh Start Tresemme Dry Shampoo: I swear this stuff is magic. Poof..no more oily hair. Just spray and brush. Voila…pretty soft hair. I don’t know where the oil goes, but it makes my crazy morning hair look freshly washed so I don’t really care. This product is also great for after the gym or a work-out. This product is going to be my best friend in the upcoming summer heat.
4. Ain’t Misbehavin’ by DERMAdoctor: I know that the girly packaging doesn’t make it look very effective, but it’s really great. I have highly acne prone skin and need to make sure I wash my face with cleansers that have a fairly high level of salicylic acid. This non-prescription cleanser has the highest level available in stores and works pretty quickly.
5. Smoky Brown Elf Nail Polish: I’ve gotten so many compliments on this color! It was a stocking stuffer from JB’s sister and it’s the best nail polish. My nailed are prone to chipping 5 minutes after I paint them and this stuff stayed on a for a whole week without chipping. It’s neutral enough for any occasion but still chic.
6. Fit Me Maybelline Foundation: I don’t know about you, but I have trouble picking the right foundation color at the drug store. I don’t want to spend $30+ on foundation just so I can test it at the department store make-up counter. This foundation for some reason just seems to match my skin color perfectly. Not to light or dark…just right. It’s also not heavy or cakey. There is nothing worse than cakey make-up. The whole point is to look like your skin is naturally flawless.