I’m not really a huge make-up girl, but I’ll admit that I do like my beauty products. There have been a few products over the last year that I’ve really fallen in love with. Here are my top 10 favorites:
1. Kate Sommerville ExfoliKate: Having suffered from acne my entire life (I still feel like a teenager at 30!) I’m a huge fan of anything that will make my skin feel smoother, softer and get rid of acne spots. It’s definitely a splurge at $90 on the Kate Sommerville website, but I got mine on Ebay for WAY cheaper (1/3 of the price). The ExfoliKate makes my face feel super fresh and clean and I saw results after only a few uses. HUGE FAN!!!!
2. Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum: The smell alone is worth the $6.99. It reminds me of being in Hawaii and sitting on the beach drinking a super yummy lava flow. My problem is that I have tons of hair, but the individual strands are very thin…which leads to a split end, frizzy nightmare. This Anti-Breakage Serum keeps my hair from breaking and I can air dry my mane gracefully. No giant pouf!!!!
3. LUSH Almond and Coconut Shower Smoothie: LUSH is my absolute favorite store. Everything they sell is magic and smells so good!!! As you can tell, coconut is a running theme in my beauty products. This Shower Smoothie smells amazing and makes my skin SOOOO soft. It is also guy approved!! After I use it, JB always says “You smell nice!”
4. Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter: I promise this is the last coconut beauty product. This body butter gives off a nice soft tropical smell and makes my skin really smooth. I really think that I should live in Hawaii!!!
5. Alba Botanica Sea Lipids Daily Cream: Due to my acne prone skin, I have to be VERY careful with what I put on my skin. Most moisturizers make me break out, but this one doesn’t. It’s very light with no harsh chemicals.
6. Orly Top 2 Bottom: I can’t rave about this product enough.If you want to have salon worthy nails without the price tag of going to the salon, buy this product. Wow, I feel like I’m in an infomercial!! I was so fed up with smearing my at home manicure that I had given up painting my nails. This product makes your nails virtually smudge proof. It also prolongs the life of your nail color. I’ve had my nail color on for 6 six days and haven’t had any chipping or smudging.
7. Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine: This product is great for giving my stick straight hair some definition.
8. NOW Personal Care Lavender Oil: Lavender is my all time favorite scent. Lavender essential oil is fantastic because you can put a few drops in hot running water for bath, or you can rub some on your wrist for perfume. It’s also a great relaxing scent that can be rubbed on your temples to relive a headache. I like to put a few drops into 1/3 of a cup of baking soda for a DIY bathroom air freshener.
9. Sephora Nectar Shine Lip Gloss: I prefer lipgloss to lipstick, and this lipgloss from Sephora is fantastic!! It’s not too gooey or sticky and hydrates my lips while providing a nice hint of color. The shade I wear is called Raspberry Shine….it smells like raspberry jam. Yummy!!!
10. H2O: My ultimate beauty product is drinking lots of water throughout the day. It’s a natural beauty product that keeps you hydrated and beautiful…the best part is, it’s FREE!!!! Awesome!!!
(Images via links above)