Lately, I’ve been having trouble waking up in the morning. I usually leave the house in an unorganized, CRAZY FRAZZLED mess. I set my alarm to go off at 7:30, but end up pressing the snooze button until 8:15 = I’m rushed and crazy getting ready. THIS NEEDS TO CHANGE!!! I’ve been trying to think of tips to make the morning run more smoothly and be stress free. This is what I’ve come up with so far:
1. Get up when the alarm goes off……(this would probably solve ALL my problems).
2. Program my alarm to super upbeat music, maybe a little Lady GaGa or something. The iphone crickets and dogs barking, do not inspire me to wake up.
2. Make lunch and iron my clothes the night before so they are ready to go in the morning. I’m usually half dressed racing around the apt with a towel on my head.
3. Put roller skates on Dottie for her morning walk. She is sooooo slow in the morning…tired pup. If we see a squirrel it’s all over with. Do they make puppy roller skates…maybe a skateboard?
4. Purchase gas on my way home from work. There’s nothing more stressful then getting in the car in the morning with an empty tank. Usually profanity fills the car….
5. Go to bed earlier so it’s not so hard to get up at 7:30am (this ALSO, would solve all of my problems).
6. Set the coffee maker before I go to bed. The noise of the automatic grinder alone will get me out of bed…and the neighbors too. Double score.
7. Work out before work. Nix that, it’s just not going to happen. 6:00am NOWAY!!!
8. Bribe myself. If I get out of the house at 8:30 I get to treat myself to a latte at lunch. (I’m going to be a horrible mother)
9. Blow dry my hair at night. I may not look as stunning as I normally do…instead I’ll look wind blown and sexy!!! HA!!!
10. Any suggestions????
The image above is a photo of the lovely plant and lemon on my desk. Just think of how much more enjoyment I would get from my plant and lemon if I arrived 15 minutes early for work. Don’t get me wrong, I’m never late, I would just rather not get there out of breath.
(Image via Me of my desk window)